Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, Core Collection


The Real Technique brushes by Samantha Chapman seem to be a hot topic at the moment. I like the Pixiwoo girls, and have always been really intrigued by these brushes every time Sam and Nicola used them in their videos. I decided to purchase the Core Collection, costing $17.99 for 4 brushes at iHerb.com. The price of the set is pretty reasonable when compared to the likes of Mac's brushes however they are not as cheap as brands such as Eco Tools.


If you want great quality brushes, for an amazingly reasonable price then I can really recommend these. The brushes are made out of a lightweight metal with a black rubber bottom and feel sturdy, the bristles are Taklon and are nice and soft on the skin, I also haven't experienced any shedding. The brushes in this set are a metallic looking copper color, and her name and the type of brush is printed on each one. These are nice quality brushes and the small size makes them perfect for using on all areas of the face.


For the core collection, the foundation and concealer brush are narrow, soft and tapered but the two brushes from this set that really stand out are the smaller sized blusher brush - it's perfect for adding a bit of contour under the cheek. The larger, domed top powder brush is large but dense enough to buff foundation into skin to finish. 

Contour Brush: It is very soft and fluffy and has a slightly domed shape. Recommended to use for applying highlighter, I also like to use this brush to apply bronzer. 

Pointed Foundation Brush: This is a pretty standard foundation brush and probably the brush I have used the least from the set, however it's always handy to have an extra foundation brush on hand. 

Detailer Brush:It is a smaller slightly pointed brush that recommended for use with concealer or lipstick. Also it great for targeting individual blemishes that may need a bit of extra concealing. 

Buffing Brush:  It’s very soft and great size. This is my favourite brush from the collection and the one I use the most. I have found it great for buffing in foundation and powder blushers as well as face powder and highlighter, it's a very versatile brush and the flat head helps produce a flawless finish.



I have to say I love these brushes and the buffing brush has found it's way into my everyday make up routine. I'm not a make-up expert, so wouldn't feel happy spending a fortune on a brush set - but these are the ideal balance of excellent value for money and high quality. It’s nice to have brushes which are more affordable and it means you can buy more too!  )


22 comments:

  1. Très certainement de belles brosses...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii swetie!! thanks for your comment!! nice post!! My english is very bad, sorry!! a big kiss muaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great

    Love from South Africa

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still experiment with some brushes and my make up to get the best result!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment!

    I'm actually in the market for some new make up brushes! I'm currently using MAC but looking for something a little less expensive.

    x

    http://twenty-four-seven fashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on the blog!

    I'm actually in th market for new makeup brushes!

    x

    http://twenty-four-seven fashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comment! Im also finding the right foundation brushes! xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These brushes look amazing! Great review!
    And thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow interesting and cool blog you have, so unique!!

    All<3Lola

    www.fashionrecession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear, thanks for stopping by...gosh I need ALL of these brushes. I like the theme of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound great! I actually need new make-up brushes.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post!:)

    www.simimaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this blog!!! thanks for your posts!!
    I follow you with bloglovin and GFC, I hope you'll enjoy my blog too!!
    kisses

    http://godsavethepink.blogspot.it
    http://pinklipstick.over-blog.it
    www.youtube.com/user/pinklipstickblog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super review! I shall be buying these later now, thank you! :D

    Laura x
    http://laurascosmeticwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog! would you like to follow each other?

    Let me know on my blog!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love these brushes!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely brushes, they look great!

    Xx

    Marleen

    Style Route

    ReplyDelete
  18. unas brochas geniales, yo tengo una buena colección también

    www.infinitawishlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an interesting blog ! I love all these tips ! Thanks for sharing !
    I am now following you ! xx
    Andrea - www.dreamingofchanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete